Your attitude toward money and success has a direct relationship to your financial success and where you are in your life today. It’s what you don’t know that hurts you the most. Often, we have conditioned negative scripts in our minds around money and success that drive our financial and business decisions, and we are not even aware of them. They are modeled by the people we surround ourselves with, like friends and family with similar limiting attitudes. These are based on a scarcity mindset where we believe there isn’t enough money to go around. This makes us anxious around the topic of money and we withhold from pursuing wealth for ourselves.
In order to make less stressful and better financial decisions, it is crucial we identify these mental stumbling blocks in relation to money and success and transform them from negative to positive beliefs rooted in abundance. This will open you up mentally to achieving wealth and your desired ideal lifestyle. Thankfully these are only words we say to ourselves and they can be consciously changed into something that serves us rather than hinders.
Can you identify any of these common scarcity mindset scripts that you say to yourself? Once you do, replace them with abundance mindset scripts.
- Money is the root of all evil
- How much does this cost?
- Money doesn’t buy happiness
- I never have money.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees.
- Money is a means of exchange and a resource I use to do good for myself and others.
- How much will this make me?
- Having money gives me a lifestyle I love.
Money gives me the freedom to choose how I live.
- I know how to manage my money, so more money comes to me.
- Money is everywhere if I’m willing to earn it.